Patient Privacy Notice
Who we are:
- The Ripley Family Dental Centre is a dental practice registered at 14 Derby Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3HR. This Privacy Notice is available on the practice website at ripleyfamilydental.co.uk. If you would like to contact us about any of the information contained within this privacy notice you can contact our Information Governance lead Emily Buxton by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01773 743 263.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Umar Sabat, who can be reached by email at email@example.com or telephone on 07894 826 037
What information we collect about you:
- We collect information about you when you enquire about our services or make an appointment with us for treatment. This can include:
- Your age, contact details and next of kin
- Details of your appointments, practice visits, etc.
- Records about your health, treatment and care
- Results of investigations, such as laboratory tests, and x-rays
- Information from other health professionals
- We also collect information about you when you complete customer surveys, participate in competitions or provide feedback to us.
How we will use the information we have about you:
- We will use information about you to enable us to arrange appointments with the appropriate dentist and to ensure that you are receiving care appropriate to your clinical needs. Our regulators, The General Dental Council, and the NHS require us to create and retain records of the dental treatment that is provided to patients. We are obliged by law to keep these records for 10 years after the last date of treatment. We may hold patient data for longer where there is a legal reason to do so.
- We will not disclose your personal data, including records of your treatment, unless required to do so by law, or with your explicit consent.
- If we intend to refer you to another practitioner or to secondary care such as a hospital we will ask you for your permission before the referral is made and any personal data is shared.
- We will never pass on your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including; business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We will use your information to provide you with details about other services or products that we offer that we think will be relevant to your ongoing care or of may be of interest to you.
- We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies we work with which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date.
- You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact the practice either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01773 743263.
Access to your information:
- You have a number of rights with regard to how your personal data is handled. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information please email Emily or write to us at the practice address.
- If you’re personal details change, or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to request that some or all of the data that we hold about you be deleted. We will only be required to meet this request if it does not put us in breach of our legal requirements.
- If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your data please contact Emily. If you are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you may have made, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner Office.
Where we store your personal information
- All information you provide to us is stored on our servers within the EU hosted, provided by Software of Excellence, with whom we have a contract in place. When medical records are shared with third parties electronically, this is done through an encrypted file sharing service.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things such as allowing you to navigate between pages on a website efficiently, remembering your preferences on a certain web pages, or improving your overall experience.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this function by changing your browser settings if you so wish. To find out more about cookies including what they are, how to control them or how to delete them, please visit aboutcookies.org.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
- We regularly review our Privacy Notice and will update this page when necessary. This Privacy Notice was last updated on the 12/02/2020.